Go TO Content
Applying for specialized or technical work, the qualifications of the foreigner are five years of work experience and having demonstrated outstanding performances, what document is this referring to? Can it be replaced by a recommendation letter?
Publish Unit

Cross-Border Workforce Affairs Center

Date of update




1.In accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 4, Article 5 of the “Qualifications and Criteria Standards for Foreigners Undertaking the Jobs Specified under Subparagraphs 1 to 6, Paragraph 1, Article 46 of the Employment Service Act,” for foreigners employed to engage in specialized or technical work, having gone through professional training or being self-taught, the foreigners have more than five years of related experience and have demonstrated outstanding performances refer to those that have obtained professional certifications, proof of professional training, writings, thesis papers, patents and inventions, or award information from international technical competition related to the field of work.
2.Therefore, during application, the employers shall submit the professional certificate, proof of professional training, or one of the documents of proof related to work, and documents proving being in accordance with having five years of work experience in this related expertise.
3.If the related past work experiences of the foreigner reaches at least 10 years and the employment salary reaches at least NT$80,000, when unable to submit documents proving the training or outstanding performances, as an exception, the original/current enterprise that the foreigner served/serves at may issue a work performance recommendation document as a replacement. However, the permit period will only be one year.