Go TO Content
What to do if names are different in diplomas and passports?
Publish Unit

Cross-Border Workforce Affairs Center

Date of update




1.To confirm whether the foreigner is the same person, the official document proving the name change of said foreigner must be attached and submitted (e.g. household register documents or marriage certificate).
2.In accordance with the regulations of the Ministry as of July 21st, 2015, it was recently announced that the documents from the following countries and regions must have been verified by an overseas ROC representative office: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bengal, Bhutan, Myanmar, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Laos, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Senegal, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, and Indonesia. To other countries this Department may, as required, by the Chinese foreign units of the verification.