Go TO Content
  •  Date of update:2023-09-21
  •  Date of inspection:2023-09-21

Documents required for foreign professional employment work permit application(A11 Academic Research)

  Required Document New Hire Extension Notes
1 Original receipt for examination fee (V) (V) 1.NT $500 per case
2.Need not attached once entering the data of receipt on the system (or filling in the application form).Nevertheless, it might be requested if necessary.
2 Application  
3 Name List of the employed foreign workers  
4 Photocopy of the passport of the employed foreign worker or ARC Must be valid on the date the employment begins. 
5 Photocopy of one of the following employed foreign worker qualifications documents:
(1) Photocopies of foreigner obtained professional and technical test qualification certificate or licensing documents.

(2) (A) Photocopies of foreigner obtained bachelor’s diploma from related foreign or domestic university departments and photocopies of 2 years or more work experience documents after obtaining bachelor’s degree.(B) Photocopy of document certifying graduate degree or higher.
(3) Photocopy of document certifying assignment of foreigner, who has served in a multinational corporation for at least 1 full year, to a post in the R.O.C.
(4) Document certifying professional training of foreigner: (A) Photocopy of document certifying 5 or more years of related experience, (Foreigners employed by the startup businesses recognized as capable of innovation 
by the agreement with the central competent authorities in consultation with the central industry competent authorities are not subject to the limitation of 
five-year related experience.)(B) Photocopy of document certifying related special performance and originality (both certifying documents must be provided).

※Foreigners with 2 year work experience waiver should conform to one of the following criteria: 
1.Employed foreign worker is a foreign exchange student, overseas Chinese students, and other student of Chinese origin graduated from a domestic public or government accredited private university or college starting from academic year 2001. 
2.Employer possesses one of the following qualifications: 

a. Obtained the following certificates issued by the MOEA, “certificate of the range of the enterprise operational headquarter”, “approval letter of domestic and foreign enterprises’ plan to establish the R&D centers in Taiwan”, “certificate of IPO award” (with one year validity starting from the next date of receiving award) or companies belonging to any of the 11 types of manufacturing enterprises and technical service enterprises as set out under Annex 10 of Paragraph 1 of Article 5 of the Regulations for Encouraging Manufacturing Enterprises and Technical Service Enterprises in the Newly Emerging, Important and Strategic Industries, and obtained the “approval letter of the Newly Emerging, Important and Strategic Industries” before the repeal of the that regulations.
b. Business entities in Science Parks which hire foreigners to undertake the design, upgrade of industry techniques, or research & development, relevant research, business promotion of special language areas abroad and market survey and analysis for the purpose of product manufacturing or labor services.
c. Business entities meet the requirement of Directions of Recognition for Startups with Innovation Capability.
3. Those recuiting specialized or technical personnel in response to industry environment changes and assist business apporoved by the central competent authorities.

4. A foreigner who has obtained a bachelor’s or higher degree from one of the world’s top universities as announced by the Ministry of Education.

6 Copy or photocopy of the employment contract It must specify the name of the employed foreigner, nationality, job title or work
description (sufficient to tell the scope of work), employment period, wages and
compensation, and must be executed by both the employer and the employee.
7 Photocopy of applicant entity’s company owner ID card , passport or ARC    Must be valid on the date of applying.
8 For schools beyond technical college, photocopy of academic research institution or teaching hospital certification issued by the central competent authority ※Employers employing foreign workers engaged in specialized or technical jobs that are foundations, associations, or NGOs should attach the following documents:
1. Foundation: those established less than 1 year, established fund of NT$ 10 million or more; those established more than 1 year, photocopy of the most recent year or last three years’ average business expenses totaling NT$ 5 million or more. (those that have attached documentation for the most recent fiscal year or that summit the application from January 1 to May 31 the same year are exempt).
2. Association: photocopy of document certifying association members of 50 or more. (those that have attached documentation for the year of application are exempt).
3. Administrative institution: photocopies of certification documents of legally established administrative institution.
4. International NGO: photocopies of certification documents of international NGO established in the R.O.C. approved by the central competent authorities in charge of the fields.
9 Photocopy of last year’s most recent payroll withholding statement of employed foreign worker (or tax withheld at source)   (V) Need not attached .Nevertheless, it might be requested if necessary.
10 Photocopy of original employment permit    Need not attached once entering the permit number on the system.
11 When employed foreign worker is a minor, legal representative employment consent documents and photocopy of passport of legal representative    

※Documents required for termination of employment relationship (dismissal): 1. Application 2. Photocopy of employment permit (Need not attached once entering the permit number on the system).3. Photocopy of residence permit 4. Document certifying termination of employment relationship

※Documents required for replacement employment permit: 1. Application (please check“Re-issue on application and write“permit number”) 2. Grounds for replacement affidavit .

※Any documents in a language other than English must be translated into Chinese.

※If the certificate was issued by the country in the announced list, verification from our missions shall be made first. The employer can submit the photocopy of the documents for review. However, it shall be subject to the case and the employer may be asked to provide the original documents.